Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Congratulations, Aga!

My Polish friend, Aga, became a US citizen yesterday and i wanted to make her a card to help commemorate this event in her life.  I spent the morning/early afternoon creating this for her.  I wish i had known before the even happened, but i didn't so this will be sent after the fact.

Here is my card:
For this card, i have used a Nellie Snellen star die set, it's available at Dutch Paper Crafts. I also used some flowers from Wild Orchid.  My MS leaf punch and a flag button from my stash.  I also used Tilda with Jolly Roger..i love the stripes and thought they'd work with the flag/USA theme i was going with.  I used Magnolia's DT Zoe's tutorial from Magnolia Ink..she is so clever.  I can't believe she can make fabric folds using striped fabric.  This was my second attempt at making this image..i think i liked my first attempt better, but this isn't bad?  I am going to include an image of the stamp, so you can see how it looks when stamped.  Oh and i cut off the pirate flag so that i could add the USA flag.
*Magnolia TILDA WITH JOLLY ROGER Rubber Stamp Fairytale 2010
I also used the sketch from Wild Orchid Challenges (wish i had a die like the one pictured..it's pretty)

Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, R14, 20
hair- E50, 53, 55
boots- B93, 95, 99
red- R35, 37, 39, 89
gray- W1, 3, 5, 7
CB
sentiment- E50



Challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge- Sketch
City Crafter Challenge- Inspired by a song- (well sort of..they did play "Proud to Be an American" at the ceremony
Card Mania Challenge- Lots of Layers

11 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

To use a very American word, Bonnie....this is AWESOME! The folds in the fabric look amazing and I love the star and all the extras....your friend is definitely going to treasure this! xxx

Penny said...

OMWord, Bonnie, what a perfect tribute! I can't imagine a better design! Love the image, fab coloring, fantastic elements--it is such a great collage! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jennifer said...

Bonnie, this is perfectly patriotic! I love how you altered the flag and with all those busy papers I can feel the bustle of excitement!

Jenée said...

Totally FAB card! It is such a pleasure seeing you do things again because you want to do them. You've done a fantastic job with the coloring, especially the pleats. Extra special card for an extra special friend.

Ros Crawford said...

This is terrific!! I bet your friend was thrilled to get this ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh, Bonnie, this is just too darn cute!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How lovely, great texture too, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Else Irene said...

So cute :) Thanks for participating in the Wild Orchid Challenge ♥

Linda R said...

How amazing.. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Kristie said...

This is an awesome card, Bonnie!! I know Aga will love it!

KalySto said...

An interesting card for an interesting celebration! Very sweet of you!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Card Mania Challenge and Good Luck!