Thursday, August 2, 2018

A new way to do pencil rubbings... Tutorial!

Trying something old but new.  Pencil rubbings

I am using a My Besties Printable Bookmark (head) -not in the shop yet.
My Besties IMG (Beach Bag) - Make a Splash
 

I achieved the texture on the beach bag by selecting an embossing folder and then printing the image to scale.
(I wanted the design on the embossing folder to be the correct size for the image (scale)
Then i use colored pencils (Prismacolor Pencils) to color the beach bag. 
First, i selected a light color for the background and colored the bag.
Next i open up the embossing folder to find the raised design.
I find a medium colored pencil and i put the raised embossing folder under the area i colored on the bag.  Holding the paper securely i lightly "rub" the pencil over the colored area.
Leaving the paper and embossing folder in place i use a darker pencil color and shade the areas that need shading.

Embossing Folders used:
 Cuttlebug - Oxford
Sizzix - Ornate Swirls

Close up of 3D image (not in shop yet)

My Besties IMG-  Make a Splash available here:

Come and Visit us at My Besties 3D and More Challenge
Always Anything Goes with a My Besties image!!
Click here to see beautiful cards!

Join other My Besties fans at My Besties Creative Hangout on Facebook
Click here

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!