Thursday, June 4, 2020

Bath Bubbles

Hello everyone and happy Thursday!! 
It’s time for a new Lavinia World Challenge featuring Lavinia stamps.
          We are a bi-weekly Challenge Blog and the theme will be Anything Goes using stamps
(either rubber or clear, but no digi stamps). 
                               Details are found under the "rules" tab on the Challenge Blog.

 Lavinia World Challenge has a
NEW Facebook group called, Anything Lavinia (click here
 another place where you can enter the Lavinia World Challenge.
With one exception...

Your card/project must include anything Lavinia (stamps, papers)
if added to the Anything Lavinia Facebook group. 

For my project, I used
Lavinia Stamps - Aria - LAV584
Lavinia Stamps - Fairy Orbs - LAV377
The stamps were all stamped with VersaFine Clair - Nocturne
I was inspired to make this wall art based on an old scrapbook page i had saved that i found on line.
It has 4 layers the top 3 have different size circles cut out to make a 3D layered look with the bottom layer not cut. I use We Are 3 Digital Paper.
So before i stamped my image i had to figure out the placement by cutting out the various circles.
Once that was done, i used the stamped acrylic image that the stamp is stuck on to use to see the placement i wanted on the first layer.
I used the platform stamp 2 times to get a good stamp.  Quickly, i embossed the stamped image with clear embossing powder. 
For more stability for each layer, i cut out a thin chipboard and adhered the paper to the chipboard with Mod Podge.
Now, you can embellish the layers if you wish.  I used Distress Ink Oxide to distress the edges of the top and 3rd layer.  For the top layer i used Tim Holtz Stencil - Bubbles ThS138with Distress Texture Paste - Crackle and immediately added Tim Holtz Distress Glaze - Broken China.  I let the crackle paste dry so it would crack.  Then i heat embossed it and it becomes like a china glaze. The 3rd cut out layer, i used Tim Holtz Stencil - Halftone THS144  and did the same process as the first layer.
Now you can attach the layers.  I used foam tape for the 3D look. 
Next i stamped Fairy Orbs on watercolor paper with VersaFine Clair Ink - Nocturne. 
I like the stability of watercolor paper.  Again, i instantly embossed each one with clear embossing powder. 
Recently, i was gifted with Spectrum Noir metallic Pencils.  I decided to try those on the bubbles. I hand cut out each one and attached them in various places on top and in between the layers.
Then i added some Mod Podge Dimensional (like glossy accents) and put some Stampendeous chunky glitter on top and in the fairies lap. 
I decided i want to put this 3D project on a wood art board.

So going into my stash of "altered" things, i found this:
I had considered removing the burlap, and decided i liked the texture and kept it.
I got out my trusty black gesso and covered the sides and part of the top.

You can't see it very well, but i did wax the top and sides with Art Alchemy Waxes.
Heather Hills and Turquoise Satin

Last thing i did was adhere the 3D to the wooden art frame with Mod Podge.

side view:


Lavinia World Products Used 







 Store ** Challenge ** Facebook** Instagram ** YouTube

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore
Join our NEW Anything Lavinia Facebook Group here

 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.



                                                 I can't wait to see what you create!!

   Challenges

11 comments:

  1. What a fun, intuitive creation, Bonnie! I wish sometimes I could hide inside your imagination and feel those creative processes thinking. These circles of life filled with color and sparkle are beautifully representative of our own dear lives, full of vitality, joy, and beauty. I especially like that you have so many in your creation. Also, the fact that you made a shaker card (something I always forget about), indicating even more movement and joy in the background, makes your project even more special! I have enjoyed being on the LW DT with you, and will miss our special camaraderie within the group. Best wishes for all your future endeavors. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie- just superb. I'm such a fan of all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, this is amazing. I love how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectaculous as always! loveee th teal shades and the way you used the fairy orbs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot even put into words how fabulous this is !! I don't know what to talk about first - the colors, textures, sparkliness, dimensions !! It is just an amazing piece of art !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! I think you outdo yourself every time!! I so wish I could create pieces of art like this :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, Bonnie, your projects leave me with only one word - WOW! I admire your ability to use all the different pastes and glazes to create a beautiful piece of home decor. It's gorgeous, my friend, simply gorgeous! Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers, Bonnie this stopped me in my trax, had to come over and tell you how amazing this looks! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Wow. Wow!! Your projects never disappoint, that is for sure! I love what you did to this amazing wall hanging! Do you keep them? Or give them away to family? This one is exquisite! The papers, the embossing glaze, and all those circular layers, it all comes together perfectly! You always amaze me Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful! I keep coming back to it and had to see how you made those orbs so sparkly. Super gorgeous and I love that you made wall art! Absolutely amazing work! (fun!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!