Sunday, February 22, 2009

Making a Baby Announcement for Holly

found the bottom middle announcement at Salvation army, but only 10 and we needed more, so i looked at the original to make my own.  The original is made on cardstock, i used what i had on hand...so a lighter weight paper.  I did print the announcement on white cardstock and adhered it to the paper, including the original.  I added "it's a girl" circle punch-out to the middle of the buttons.  I also had to make the envelopes to fit this card.  The best card was on Cricut's New arrival cartridge, it makes the largest envelope at 6.5" setting.
Diaper that fits over the announcement
You can get 5 diapers from (2) 12" x 12"  patterned paper, if you lay the pattern out this way.  I actually  cut the diaper in half (allow for a seam in the crotch) for 3 of the patterns and 2 i was able to keep in one piece.  See the two pattern LOs above and below.

No comments: