Thursday, November 7, 2019

Come and visit me in the Fairy Hive!

Hello everyone and happy Thursday!! 
It’s time for a new Lavinia World Challenge featuring Lavinia stamps.
          We are a bi-weekly Challenge Blog and the theme will be Anything Goes using stamps
(either rubber or clear, but no digi stamps). 
                               Details are found under the "rules" tab on the Challenge Blog.


For my project, I used:
Lavinia Stamp - Fairy Hive LAV503
Lavinia Stamp - Moon LAV431
Lavina Stamp - Crow Set LAV540
Lavinia Stamp - See a Fairy Make a Wish LAV485

The stamps were all stamped with VersaFine Clair - Fallen Leaves, Morning Mist



I used 2 wood slices to create this project.
First i stamped the images on paper.
Then i used mod podge to attach them to the wood slices. 
I used Tim Holtz Oxides to paint the Fairy Hive and the moon and around the crow.
Then i also used Tim Holtz Oxides to paint the wood (not the edges)
I used Tim Holtz Oxide Crackle Paint on top of the moon, Fairy Hive and crow.
Then i stamped the background with the sentiment.
I used Prima rust affects paint - brown rust for the edges of the wood
Then i added a bit of Art Alchemy Wax - Firebird on top of the brown rust.
I added two twigs under the bird and high lighted them with the wax as well.
I used some water down Acrylic paint - Lime Yellow as a "moon" shadow around the hive and the bird.
Next, i painted the wood with the stamped sentiment with mod podge.
Last thing is i cut out a Memory Box tree die and painted it with black gesso and high lighted it with the wax. 
Now, i just glued the tree branches on and then glued the crow on top of the Fairy hive part.
** Make sure you put a saw tooth hanger on the back before you start. 
Lavinia World Products Used




Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore
 
 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.
 


                                                 I can't wait to see what you create!!

16 comments:

  1. Bonnie your projects blow me away!! They are all so stunning and this one is awesome! You make me feel like I shouldn't be on this DT when I see your amazing projects! You have such a creative mind! Love your Fairy Hive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! Oh i hope you really don't feel that way, because i am always blown away with what you and our team mates make too. I think we make an awesome team. :)

      Delete
  2. You are so darn creative bonnie! Just beautful1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing Bonnie! Julie's right - you are so creative!! Love this mixed media piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GASP! Bonnie, I am speechless as to how you were even able to think this up! It's an incredible project, and does look olden, magical, and mythical - it looks like something a wizard would have in his domain. I love it! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna, you always make me smile with what you say.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous piece of home decor, Bonnie. Looks like you just picked this up from an enchanted forest and brought it home with you. Love it!
    Big hugs,
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. So absolutely mazing and original :) Love all the details and the mediums you used just make your project a really exquisite piece of art! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabulous! I really need to step out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Victoria! I like your comfort zone...so if you step out it will be even more fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!