Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas Day 5- Mo's digital pencil style

Well, i am working my way through making these tags...and i am not doing them daily like Tim shared in his blog...and the fans that got them done within hours...WOW.  8 days later i've finished day 5.  I added one of my favorite digital images to my tag.  You can find this image here, it is from Mo's Digital Pencil.
What i did:
I  tried to use Tim's technique, but it bombed.  So i made it a different way.  What i did do was cut out an acrylic tag and a white background tag.  I did use liquid ink dye to color my acrylic tag.  What didn't work was i then was suppose to stamp the tag after it dried...and then rub off the black ink.  Well, it rubbed off but i couldn't really see the white lettering.  The ink was suppose to rub away and leave the image of the stamp (clear)...it was so faint. So i just stamped the white background tag and it shows through the acrylic tag.  I used my Sweethearts cartridge to get the wreath similar to Tim's diecut.  I used liquid pearls on the wreath and a bow.  I adhered the acrylic tag to the white tag with Glossy Accents, but it didn't work, so i used double sided tape on the bottom with the tulle at the top.  I colored and cut out the image and attached it with foam dots.

Challenges:
Mo's Challenge Blog- Banners or Tags

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag. I like the way you've taken Tim's ideas but made them your own. Adds the personal touch and your own creativity. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute tag! I love the wreath! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!