Sunday, February 14, 2016

Strum along with me and sing "Happy Birthday"

This will be a "fun" post...well for me it is. :)  Sherri Baldy has created a new My Besties image 023 with her little girl strumming the guitar.   Isn't she so cute?

I am sharing 3 same/different cards and i have a story...

I am going to share my Copic colored My Besties image 023 first even though it was the image i colored of the 3 cards.
Here is the deal, i wanted to color an image using graytone paper, charcoal and a chalk pencil.  Why?  I saw this beautiful image colored up on Pinterest of Disney's Rapunzel and i wanted to see if i could create something like it.

I think it turned out, but in the end my favorite is the Copic colored image.

I have used the same sketch for "each" card.  I only created 2 cards, and 2 images even though there are 3 cards being shown.

First i made the pink card base, but the charcoal image looked a bit dirty against the pretty pink.  Then i made a graytone card base and that created a better backdrop for the charcoal image.

So that left me with the pink cardbase i created with first and decided just to color the image again with Copics.. :)

close up of this card
The first card i created that no long exists with the image and card base together:

Take two of 3 cards:

Took me a lot longer than i thought it would to create one card, but in the end i have 2 cards.  I used a really pretty sketch too.

Sherri Baldy My Besties image023 available here.

Dies used:
Music notes- Memory Box
Foliage?
Circle- Lifestyle Crafts

Copics:
skin- E000, 00, 11, 13, 21
cheeks- RV21, 23
eyes- BG15
hair- E50, 51, YR23, Y21
colored pencil- brown (2 different colors)
dress/bow/socks- RV00, 11, 34
guitar- E50, 51, 55, 57, 59, RV04, Y19
grain on guitar- colored pencil/brown
shoes- E55, 57, 59

Challenges:
Paper Play Sketches- 001


Post a Comment