Tuesday, July 3, 2018

CCC Digi Creations Challenge and Delicious Doodles - Hydrangeas

I am so excited to be guest designing for CCC Digi Creations.
The challenge theme is Monochromatic

One of my favorite flowers is a Hydrangea and the image i was given to color was a Hydrangea!
How lucky is that!

Here is my card using the sponsor Delicious Doodles image - Hydrangea

I chose to print the image off twice.  I colored one image completely, but the second image i printed off, i just colored the leaves, the outside edges of the flowers and the two center flowers. 
Here is the tricky part, i cut the first layer around on the outside lines
and then i fussy cut just two flowers from the center that i colored,
so that i could put them on top of the top layer.
So i set the extra flowers aside.
I colored just the flowers of the second image and cut them out.
Now for the fun part...
First layer, with the center flowers cut out (you will never "know" those flowers were cut out)
Now layer the hydrangeas you colored completely on top of the first layer with foam tape.
(the foam tape will give dimension to your flower)
Last layer is the two center flowers.
For more texture/dimension you can add seed beads or gems.

Close up of the 3D dimension:
 
Dies Used:
Marianne Designs - (white square doily) - LR0458
Marianne Designs - (white/purple pattern paper) - LR0484
Purple doily - not sure of this company, it is a black die

I have also used:
We Are 3 Digital Paper - Floral Expressions - available here
We Are 3 Digital Paper - Delightful Dragonflies - available here

Visit this sponsor called - Delicious Doodles here

 A fun challenge to enter your cards into called, CCC Digi Creations
 Challenges


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!