Friday, August 5, 2011

Butterflies shaped 3-D cards


Hi again, it's me Grandma Bonnie sharing my latest cards using the 3 butterflies digital images from the SNB store.  There is a set of 3 butterflies and one sentiment.  I've chosen to use just 2 of the 3 butterflies. Click here to find them.














What i did:
First, enlarged the butterflies and printed them off by putting them as far down on one sheet of paper as i could.  The reason for that is i wanted to make a card and i needed to fold the paper in half. I then cut out the butterfly, making a folded card.  I used the same image again and printed it off.  I colored both images, i didn't put as much shading on the card base because i am going to attach another butterfly on top to make it 3-d.  I gathered up some tulle and placed it between the card base and the top butterfly.  I used my machine and stitched through the top card base, tulle and the top butterfly.  I added some stickles to the small circles on the butterfly.  I used pipe cleaners for the butterfly body.  I curled one antenna and measured to the bottom of the body and wrapped the pipe cleaner around until i got to the top of the head, allow some extra pipe cleaner for the other antenna and cut off.  I sewed a button on for the head.  Next, i used hot glue to attach the pipe cleaner body.

Challenges:

The Stampsmith Challenge- Teal/Yellow
Lexi's Creations- Shaped card
Make My Monday- Butterflies/Dragonflies
Clearly iStamp- Things with wings 
Post a Comment