Monday, July 21, 2014

Sherri Baldy's My Besties International challenge featuring Mermaids!

Welcome to the start of a new 2 week challenge at My Besties International Challenge blog!

Your challenge for the next 2 weeks at the My Besties Challenge Blog is "Mermaids".  I can't wait to see what you create, so that i can view it on the blog!

To join this My Besties challenge please click here! *Remember you must use any My Besties when you create your project. :) 

I wanted to challenge myself for this challenge by creating a scene and to use one of my dies in a different way.  I have made a Slider inside of the card..not an Easel, like many think.  I love moving parts..and to best "show" how i made this i made a Youtube video, i am sooo needing a tripod, because to do a video one handed is really hard.  I will put my video below, in case you'd like to see what i did.

Here is my card open with the slider tag pulled:


Here is the front of the card closed:
 
Here is the construction from the side and top:
 
More details:
I am using the wonderful My Besties Digi image 188 found here.
I enlarged the mermaid part of the digi without the moon and fussy cut her out.
I also added Clear Accents to the tail and sprinkled pink glitter on it randomly.

Dies used:
I used a Vertical Slider die from Papertrey Ink
Grand Calibur Large scallop circle
Lifestyle crafts circle
Memory Box wave border
DooHickey Seaweed (exclusive to club members)

Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, 23, E02
hair- B000, 00, 02
eyes- YG03, 17
tail/flowers- R81, 83, 85
lips- RV29

Youtube video how to:


Please visit my team mates blogs and see what lovely things they have created too!
 
Deb  
Bonnie (that's me)

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Well, there many not be a pearl in this clam shell, but it's full of delight! Love the droplets and waves and the seaweed is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!