Thursday, May 21, 2020

Recycle Journal - Every Dream Begins with a Wish

Hello everyone and happy Thursday!! 
It’s time for a new Lavinia World Challenge featuring Lavinia stamps.
          We are a bi-weekly Challenge Blog and the theme will be Anything Goes using stamps
(either rubber or clear, but no digi stamps). 
                               Details are found under the "rules" tab on the Challenge Blog.

 Lavinia World Challenge has a
NEW Facebook group called, Anything Lavinia (click here
 another place where you can enter the Lavinia World Challenge.
With one exception...

Your card/project must include anything Lavinia (stamps, papers)
if added to the Anything Lavinia Facebook group. 

For my project, I used
Lavinia Stamps - Feather LAV494
Lavinia Stamps - Every Dream LAV573
The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Clair - Morning Mist

I recycled a journal.  
The cover was a fine burlap and i added some digital paper, chipboard and an
alcohol lift stamped feather.
First i prepared the journal, by hole punching the cover and back cover using my big byte hole punch.
I got out some jute and slipped knot the cover and tied it and then strung the string to the back hole and secured it leaving tails in the front and back to tie the journal shut.
I stitched around the cardstock digital paper  and stamped the sentiment and embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder.  Then i adhered that to the cover on top of the jute using Mod Podge. 
Next i die cut the "cross stitch" die out of thin chip board.
Then i used a Tim Holtz stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Paste - Crackle on top of the die cut.
I didn't wait for the Distress paste to dry, i put Tim Holtz Distress Glaze - Broken China on top of that and then waited for the Paste to dry.  Once i saw the cracking, i heat embossed it.
I love that i get a shiny glaze look.
Now you can put Mod Podge on top of the digital Paper to seal it and to place the chip board down as shown. I also put Mod Podge on top of the chip board. 
Now for the fun part.  I put some alcohol ink on the back of a photo sheet and made a fun design.
Wait for it to dry and then stamp your feather stamp with Alcohol Lift Ink.
The ink will transfer to your stamp.  You will need a shiny type surface to stamp your image.
I used another photo sheet (front side) and stamped the feather.
This was my first time and not all of the ink transferred.  
I have learned that using Yudo paper is a better choice to do my next try.
I am also going to be investing into more alcohol ink. 
Adhere the feather to the top of the chipboard with Mod Podge and seal the top with Mod Podge too.
So to cover up the parts that didn't stamp, i used sequins and gems.
I found some very old plastic letters in my stash and glued those down with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic.  (Similar to Glossy Accents)


Lavinia World Products Used 
Lavinia Stamps - Feather LAV494

Lavinia Stamps - Every Dream LAV573
 


Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore
Join our NEW Anything Lavinia Facebook Group here
 
 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.


                                                 I can't wait to see what you create!!

   Challenges

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie- you always make the coolest stuff. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, Bonnie! I had trouble using this amazing image, but I love what you have done with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous Bonnie! You are so very creative and talented! Now to see what you add to the inside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove it! I love playing with alcohol inks, too. They are an endless source of creativity. Great way of recycling stuff. Amazing as usual :* hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool looking project! I love the way you colored the feather stamp, it is absolutely gorgeous on it's own and then you added all the other elements! So very unique, but then your projects always are!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!