Friday, September 2, 2011

The Moon and the "mouse" Card

This card for SNB (Stretch n' Bubbles) was a bit tricky.  I used the "The moon" here , but i also cropped the mouse out of The window bat image which is found here.  I also reversed the mouse/window image in Photoshop so that he would we be in the same direction as the moon.
I LOVE this little mouse...he is so darn cute!!


Don't be disappointed, you will see this entire image later this month...in time for a Halloween treat. :)



What i did:
I printed the moon on yellow cardstock and cut it out.  Then i used my embossing folders to get 4 different looks, swirly, handwritten note, canvas and clouds.  I distressed the moon and on some of the embossed moons i colored the raised parts with a white opaque pen.  Then i took the window image and reversed it in Photoshop and then i cropped out just the mouse and enlarged him to fit the size of my moon.  I colored and cut the mouse out and set him on the moon. I added some buttons and sparkly gems to look like stars.  A bit of baker's twine and tada..my card to share with you!  I've left an area for a sentiment as well.  I was thinking, Sweet Dreams or Hoping all your dreams come true, Dreams do come true...Maybe you have some other suggestions?

Challenges:
The Emerald Faerie Garden- Buttons
DYSU Challenge Blog- Friendly Critters
Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog- Let's emboss it
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges- Go mad with embossing
Post a Comment