Thursday, April 23, 2020

Home Sweet Home Wall Art

Hello everyone and happy Thursday!! 
It’s time for a new Lavinia World Challenge featuring Lavinia stamps.
          We are a bi-weekly Challenge Blog and the theme will be Anything Goes using stamps
(either rubber or clear, but no digi stamps). 
                               Details are found under the "rules" tab on the Challenge Blog.

 Lavinia World Challenge has a
NEW Facebook group called, Anything Lavinia (click here
 another place where you can enter the Lavinia World Challenge.
With one exception...

Your card/project must include anything Lavinia (stamps, papers)
if added to the Anything Lavinia Facebook group. 

For my project, I used
Lavinia Stamps - Fairy Foragers - LAV498
Freyas House - LAV365
Snail Miniature - LAV433
The stamps were all stamped with VersaFine Clair - Nocturne

I altered a Christmas card sturdy box to create this wall art.
I needed a sawtooth hanger so i paper pierced holes in the back and attached the sawtooth hanger with brads instead of nails..i added glue for more security.

Then i glued the box lid to the box bottom with tacky glue, then i secured that with rubber bands until it dried. 

Once that was dried i painted gesso over the top and sides,  I started with white gesso, and changed my mind after i attached the paper to the top and just painted the sides with black gesso.
I used We Are 3 Digital Paper - Brick Fire Station available here
To get the proportion size of the bricks i welded pieces of the paper together.
If you look close you can see where i welded.
I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the box.
While i am waiting for this to dry...
 Freyas House was stamped on watercolor paper, embossed with clear embossing powder, 
colored with prismacolor pencils, cut out.  The snail was stamped, embossed with clear embossing powder and i colored in the unstamped area (not much) with pencil.  I needed a reverse fairy so i stamped her on red rubber and then used that red rubber to stamp on watercolor paper, embossed her with clear embossing powder too.

For the Home Sweet Home words, i used my cricut and fonts from my computer and cut that out of black paper.
Now i add mod podge to the top and place all of the stamped images down along with the words.
Once that dries i add a coat to the stamped images and words.

Now, i embellish.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Texture Paste - Crackle and Studio Light Stencil that looks like stones.  I let that dry, you will see awesome cracks.  I wanted to try Tim Holtz Distressed Embossing Glaze on top of the Texture paste.. so it wasn't so great, but it gave me the darker cracks.  I had to use a clear embossing pad, and used my fingers to rub the ink on and then i dabbed the embossing powder with my fingers on top of the stones. Then i heat set it.
*Tip... the texture paste is water based and picked up the digital paper color (even through the mod podge layer) and that is why you see the blueish color instead of the white paste color.  I rather like that, as i couldn't get that color on my own. 
Then i used some Distress Oxide Ink - Black Soot to distress the edges.
I also used, Art Alchemy Wax around the edges.. i used 3 in this order:
Brushed Iron, Charcoal Black and Fire Bird.


Lavinia World Products Used 





Like us on Facebook (page)
Join our NEW Facebook Group here
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore
 
 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.
 
We Are 3 Digital Paper - Brick Fire Station available here

                                                 I can't wait to see what you create!!

   Challenges

5 comments:

  1. Wow Bonnie, this is fabulous and so very creative! I love all the step-by-step instructions that even I could follow lol. Fabulous project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, your textures and "mosaic feel" in your creation are so incredible! It's amazing how paper can change the entire scenic quality of a card! It's beautiful. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous piece of wall art! I love everything about it! Thanks for your great instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, your home must look beautiful with all the gorgeous wall art decor you make. This is a fabulous addition. Love all the layers and texture and your easy to follow tutorial.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Bonnie! This is absolutely outstanding! Love the complexity of your project and I am also a fan of recycling and re-purposing so double wowww! Stamping on watercolor is great and I love how your house turned out! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!