Wednesday, June 7, 2023

HoneyPots Crafts - Sentimentally Yours - Floral Curios Corsage Collage and Tres Chic Rose Blooms

Hello! Happy Wednesday!

I am enjoying my summer and creating with my stash!

Today i am using products from Sentimentally Yours  HoneyPots Crafts

 I watched Phill Martin (owner of Sentimentally Yours) Monday night tutorial that used black gesso and white gesso.  I didn't have any with me, so i used my Prismacolor pencils to get the gray tones.

When i create Sentimentally Yours cards, i try to use only their products so that i can share in their Facebook group.  So i am slightly limited, as i have a handful of stamps.

This is what i did...
I started with white card stock and stamped Sentimentally Yours - Tres Chic Rose Blooms with Distress Oxide - Lost Shadow.  Next i stamped Sentimentally Yours - Floral Curios Corsage Collage on top of the Rose Blooms.  Next i colored in the image with Prismacolor Pencils, using the Warm Grey pencils.

Next, i used another piece of white card stock and stamped the Rose Blooms all over that paper. Next i die cut an oval from the center, knowing i would mat the oval with the gray paper. 
Next, i used VersaFine Ink - Morning Mist and randomly stamped the Corsage Collage on the paper.  When stamping i thought of the using the stamp as a corner stamp and held the stamp so that it faced up in the same direction in all 4 corners.

Now for the mat.  I didn't have gray paper, so i printed some gray digital paper i had for the mat. 
I adhered the two mats together and then i put foam tape on the back and adhered the mats to the Corsage Collage coloring.

To add sparkle to the edges, i used clear embossing ink and Ranger's Hologram embossing powder.

At this point i add the mats to the card base**

Next i felt i needed something a bit more and lacking any of the Sentimentally Yours dies, i chose to make strips.  I used a piece of white card stock and again i stamped the Rose Blooms, this time i used Ranger's Hologram Embossing powder to add sparkle.  Then i wanted to tone down the white card stock so i blended more Distress Oxide - Lost Shadow on top of the embossed Rose Blooms.  I matted the strips with the gray digital paper so that it would seem cohesive.  

**If i were to do that again, i would add the strips and then die cut the oval.  I had to fussy cut the strips this time because it was all adhered.
I also added the Hologram embossing powder to the edges of this strip.

Last thing.. i made a bow.

Here is the digital paper i used.. ironically it is called Sentimental Canvas


Thank you for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!