Saturday, June 3, 2023

Sentimentally Yours - Sunflower Parade - Exquisite and Elegant

 Just one of those times, where i just wanted to craft.. no commitment.

I have a friend that creates with Sentimentally Yours products and she has inspired me.
I really like a lot of the product, but it isn't easy to get it in the US because they are a UK company.

They are regularly on Create and Craft and i decided this time, i would purchase a few things instead of waiting for it to come to the US.  I haven't seen the dies in the US.
I have also purchased Sentimentally Yours products from Craft Stash US usually the older products.

So for now, i have to make a "simple" card without the Sentimentally Yours flower dies or sentiments.
I am really loving the Sunflower Parade line.


This is also the largest card i have ever made 9" x 7".  We lived in the UK for 3 years, so i know they offer larger cards in their stationary shops, because i have several i saved.
However, to find paper here to make anything larger than a 6 x 6" card isn't easy.
We don't have the large size card blanks, or paper to make our own.  So for this card i had to make a top seam. I used 2 - 8.5" x 11" papers to make the card base and 2 - 8.5" x 11 papers to make the frames for the front of the card. 
To make the floral focus point, i stamped Sunflower Parade - Exquisite on a 5.75 x 5.75" square twice on the back ground because it was a smaller stamp, i had a seam.  I also used Distress Oxide Ink - Lost Shadow. 
Because of the stamped seam that showed, i lined up the larger stamp, Sunflower Parade - Elegant so that the lines of the stamp would cover the seam from the background stamp.
Next, i colored in the stamp using Prismacolor pencils.
Next i stamped the top "frame" with the over all sunflower stamp using the same ink, Distress Oxide Ink - Lost Shadow. 
Again, i had a seam i didn't like in the bottom left corner so i used the Sunflower stamp top of bottom sections to the design and i colored it in as well.
I layered everything together using double sided foam tape.
Last i added a handmade bow. 

I used:
Sentimentally Yours - Sunflower Parade - Exquisite
Sentimentally Yours - Sunflower Parade - Elegant

Thank you for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!