Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just a bit of Rain- Jane Austen style

Jane Austen is one of my daughter's favorite authors, and she said there aren't any images out there and i saw this one at Saturated Canary and thought it could be a modern day Jane Austen..don't you think?

Well i thought so and decided to give it a try with the challenge at Saturated Canary.  The theme is "April Showers", so i looked for a rain quote from Jane Austen and this is what i found:

"The wind roared down the chimney, the rain beat in torrents against the windows, and everything seemed to speak the awfulness of her situation." from Northanger Abbey

I added this quote to my card using the font, "Before the Rain"...didn't realize that was the name of the font until i had selected it from my font book. :)

Here is my card:


















Here is the sketch i used for this card from Tuesday Morning Sketches:
On the right is what my card looked like before the image..i think it's fun to show the construction of the sketch. :)












Challenges:
Saturated Canary- April Showers
Tuesday Morning Sketches- Sketch
Post a Comment