Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thinking of you today

I don't know, but i feel like in the end this card reminds me of the 80's...i didn't grow up in the 80's...but it just feels like it and it wasn't my intention...it's funny how i begin working on a card and it transforms into something different.

I based this card on the sketch i used...the hint for the sketch was to use my scraps...and i thought, "Good idea" and that's how this card began with the largest scrap for the background and then other colors to make the strips.  I learned from another card maker that the layers look better matted and black seems to make the paper pop.  If you take a close look you can see there are a LOT of layers..so the card feels heavy. :)

Here is my card:

 The image i used is from Saturated Canary and it is called Canary Love..it had a bird w/a heart and lines through the image that i "erased".












The sketch i used is from Mojo Monday:

                                           The sketch even without
                                            an image is pretty i think.










Challenges:
Saturated Canary- Thinking of you theme
Mojo Monday- Sketch #236
Post a Comment