Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Snow much fun!

For this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches, our sponsor this week is Paper Pretties and i am using Sofia's Snow Angel.  I am not a snow fan..and i grew up in MI so i know i don't like it..i did think it was fun to make snow angels..even though i got totally covered in that cold stuff.

 Here is my card, please come and join us at Tuesday Morning Sketches for this challenge:

Have you seen this new technique where card makers are putting clumps of embossing enamel on the image's white area..well, i couldn't get the Fran-tage enamel, so i went for this other enamel..and i don't have clumps..but splotches.. LOL..i added some glitter as i was heating it up.  Oh yeah.. i did find out that card makers are heating the clumpy stuff from underneath and don't use the embossing ink.  Anyway, this is my experiment..eventually i hope someone will do a youtube video using it as the background.   I also used an embossing folder with two different designs..snowflakes on the top and dots on the bottom, or vice versa, depending on how you want it on your card. :0)  I sanded it too...ha, ha, but after i embossed the chunky embossing enamel.  Both of the dies are a Spellbinders die..and from two different sets.  The silver snowflake is a brad that i cut the back off.



Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch this week:

Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, R20
hair- Y21, YR23
jacket- BG10, 11, 13
skirt/scarf- B41, 32, 34, 45
gray/shading- N0, C1, 3






The sponsor this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches is Paper Pretties.
Paper Pretties


For more inspiration don't forget to visit the rest of team's creations:



Challenges:
Clear it Out Challenge- The snow is falling, anything goes/stash snowflake (that silver snowflake brad is super old, i cut off the prongs and used it as a charm)

Scrap Creations: Going Grey-  Make it Sparkle (other than the obvious glitter embedded in the embossing enamel, i also painted the snow with Extreme Glitter Paint..which is hard to see in the photo..and i used metallic paper for the blue snowflake)

C...is for Challenge- Winter is coming


 

10 comments:

  1. Cute image, great colouring, Great used of the snowflake brad. Love, Love the sketch. best I slip over there and have a boo. Thanks for playing along with us at Clear it Out Tuesday for the ATG with a snowflake challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Hhttp://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/ave a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Bonnie! Love the snowflake dies behind your cute snow angel! Love the colors and your bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty Bonnie, I love the big beautiful bow and the darling image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing in the snow is a totally different creature from having to DEAL with the snow :)
    As for the Frantage - that is apparently a practice thing. I have it, I use it...and maybe once in a blue moon I like how it turns out. Definitely heat from underneath so you don't lose it all, though!
    Love the stacked snowflakes & the great bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such joy there is in making snow angels in fresh snow! Love the snowy background you've created for this joyful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch! Love the snowflakes! Love your pretty bow, charm, image & coloring, too! :^)
    I heat my Frantage from the bottom. I like it, but don't use it as much as I could!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joyful card! Love this image and the colors of your creation. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute, Bonnie! I really like the look of the layered snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful and would fit perfectly with our challenge at http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.com if you would like to enter.

    kelly x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!