Friday, January 21, 2022

Alicia Bel - Dancer Daisy

 Just for fun, i wanted to color an image that i printed off years ago.
I was tagged in Facebook in The Wonderful World of Alicia Bel because she is having a new challenge and anyone that enters will get a free image.
I truly love her stamps and used to make cards for all of her challenges.

This sweet Alicia Bel image is called, Dancer Daisy
you can find her here
If you would like to play along for this challenge, you don't have a lot of time..it ends on
and you can find the challenge here!
The challenge is to:
Use vegetable parchment paper, tissue paper, acetate, cellophane or some material with transparency in your project.

This was a bit hard for me because, the transparent vellum and organza flower petals do not show.

To try to help make the vellum snowflakes show i backed them with white cardstock.
The organza flower petals are behind the large snowflake.

If i would to do this again, i would totally use a different background.. but i had wanted subtle.
Next, i wasn't overly happy with the background. I wanted to use a die cut negative...that is the "cut out" opening. The paper had some stenciling on it to begin with and i didn't like it so much..so i added more using 3 stencils. lol. I also wanted to put "something" in the cut out opening so i made a glowing moon.
Usually, i'd tear this apart and start over, but i am going with it for now.
She is a really pretty stamp...and that is what i am focusing on.
I think this card kind of represents life for me right now... there is always something good i can focus on when everything around me seems not so great.

Thanks for stopping by..i hope to create some more randomness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!