Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Besties "Making Faces" Garden Girl with a Fancy Fold card

I am always inspired by what i see.  What's that game?  Pictionary?   Or remember when someone would draw a squiggly line and you had to make something with it?  That's how i feel about making cards and using images.  I see more than just an image, i "see" what i can do with it besides coloring it and placing it on a card..it challenges me to do something different every time. 

So what was my "squiggle" line.. well, the image and a fancy fold card and figuring out "how" i wanted to put the two together.

If you have been following me, you might know i fussy cut most of my images.  Well, this image with the curly lines was a bit harder and challenging for me to cut out..some times i just cut the little curly bits off, however, this one needed the strawberry vines..i think..so i intricately cut them out and added more color so i had a bit more room to cut too. :)

So here is my card using My Besties "Making Faces" Garden Girl, the card is open:
Here is what it looks like closed and close-up:



















Several dies were used on this card:
Tan flowers (background), Memory Box
off white flowers are Memory Box
Blue square doily die is Spellbinders
blue checked leaves are Noor/Joy Craft

Crocheted flower is a gift from a friend! (Thanks Jennifer!)

Copics used:
skin and shading- E57, 55, YR0000, 000, 00, 23, 24
hair- Y11, 15, 19, 21 YR23, E55
flowers- Y19, W1, 3, 5
leaves- YG01, 03, 17, 67
eyes- BG13, YG01

Challenges:
My Besties Aussie challenge- Card w/folds
Try it on Tuesday challenge- More than one fold
Digi Sketch Challenge- Floral
Timbroscrapmania challenge- Easter colors
Sentimental Sundays- Color Photo Inspiration
Crafting by Designs- use flowers



Post a Comment