Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Birthday to my friend, Sher! Sherri Baldy's My Bestie's featuring Mother's Pearls, Daddy's shoes.

I am a bit late at making this card for my friend Sher.  I just met her this year and found she lives close to me when i am up in Michigan.  She always has the time to listen and encourage me when i am working on the My Bestie teams.  Truly a wonderful new friend. 

I am a day early at completing this card for Sher but a day late at sending it out to her.  Her birthday is tomorrow.. June 21!

For this card i am using a die from Paper Trey..they have a vertical slider die that works perfect for this card design.  The image i am using is called Mother's Pearls, Daddy Shoes and can be found here.  

I decided because i spent most of today working on this for Sher, that i would enter it in a few challenges (here is the card with the slider pulled open):
Here is the card closed (left) and on the right is the side of the card so you can see the construction, you can also see the embellishment butterfly digi i used from Sami Stamps found here:



















Here is the card so you can see it folds flat:
Copics Used:
skin- YR000, 00, E02
hair/shoes- W5, 7 (Water color pencil black)
eyes- E25
hat/dress- R0000, 81, 83, 85
bow/skirt layer- R20, 22, 24
second skirt layer- E00, E04
balloon- Y11, 13, 15, 19
leaves- YG03
skirt lace- W1, 3



Challenges:
My Besties Dutch Girls- Twine/charm (i have a tiny bit of twine in the bottom left corner with the charm)

My Besties Norwegian Designs - Charm/punch



Post a Comment