Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sherri Baldy's My Besties Woodland Greeting!

I love making Woodland type cards, because Fairies are one of my youngest daughter's favorite thing.  Her love for fairies began when we lived in Wales, UK for 3 yrs.  Now she has a room with fairies on the wall and part of the decorations..most of the items we purchased when we lived in Wales.

Anyway, one of the challenges i am doing is offering this image at a discounted rate and with the current sale going on at My Besties Etsy you can get this image for $1..not too many digi's out there for such a bargain...oh but wait it's even better if you use this digi on a card for the My Bestie's UK challenge you will also get another free image just for using the discounted image.  Not bad, i'd say..two images for the price of $1.  For your discounted digi click here.

Here is the image that is discounted..and BTW i "erased/masked" the eyes on the mushroom...just like you would when using a rubber stamp, except i did it in a program.
This is a horizontal slider card.  I am on a roll with making these because they make the image just pop (no pun intended) even more.  This is the slider "open".
This is what the card looks like from the front and the slider closed:

Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, E02
hair- Y13, 15, 19
wings- YG00, 01, watercolor pencil/pink
shirt- R81, 83, 85
grass- YG03
eyes- B04
mushroom top- R35, 37, 39
base- E50, 51, 53

Glitter used:
stickles/diamond (wings)
Extreme glitter paint (on mushroom top)

Embossing folder- Sizzix leaves

Dies used:
Noor/Joy Craft- leaves
heart flourish? (maybe Doo Hickey)
mat behind image?
charm from Spoilt Rotten Beads/UK


Side view of slider and another view of when it is folded flat:












 special sale code


Challenges:
My Besties UK- Anything goes w/sparkle/ special image
My Besties Aussie- Dry Embossing/Die cut


11 comments:

  1. So cute Bonnie ... thanks for jining us at besties UK - Carol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Bonnie ~ just absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! She looks like she's just waiting to have a deep conversation. :) Love the added foliage and the super cute mushroom charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card. Everything fits together so beautifully .... a really attractive design and your coloring is wonderful.

    Hugs from Andrea from germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card thanks for joining us at besties UK Jane DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card thanks for joining us at besties UK Jane DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! this is just fantastic! i love your colouring and your layout is fab! thank you for joining us at My Besties UK and good luck! Davinia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super card, Bonnie - I love the pop up effect. Thanx for playing along at My Besties UK and good luck.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ..what stunning card ..!
    Thank you for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge
    Hugs Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie Beautiful creation .. thanks for joining us over at My Bestie's UK challenge blog and good luck ... Anita DT x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!