Monday, October 20, 2008

Banana Zucchini Bread


My mom brought me some yellow zucchini (summer squash) and i needed to use it and the ripe bananas, so i made some bread today.  I changed the recipe, i didn't use nutmeg or ground cloves and substituted 1 t. allspice instead.  I made it into one loaf and cooked it longer.
 ZUCCHINI-BANANA BREAD

3 lg. eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. shredded zucchini
1/2 c. mashed banana
3 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. chopped nuts or raisins

Mix eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini, banana and vanilla together. Combine next 6 ingredients and add to zucchini batter. Fold in nuts or raisins. Pour into well greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour. Makes 2 loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!