Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My mom's birthday card

This week at Tuesday Morning Sketches..we have such a pretty sketch..i've made it several times..well two times because i like it so well!  Our sponsor is "There She Goes"!

This week i used a stamp that has a great memory for me.  I used to have a candy store (short period of time) above a Cross Stitch Market..remember when those were really popular in the late 80's?  Well, there was this pamphlet i just loved and had purchased with the "someday" intention of stitching it up...well that day didn't come and in the moving i did, i got rid of it.  Well, the silly part of me, tracked it down and purchased it again..(Yeah, it will probably not get stitched again...)  I will share a picture of the pamphlet below and you will see how similar this stamp is from Penny Black.

Here is my card with the stamp called "Best Friends" from Penny Black:

The sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches this week:

 Copics used:
 skin- YR000, 00, R14, 20
 hat- YR20, Y21
 umbrella/collar- R20, 24, 37
dress/flower patch/bird- E41, 42, R81, 84, BG13, 10
 leaves- YG03, 17
 apron/shoes- W1, 3, CB

Our sponsor this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches is "There She Goes":

TMS Sponsor

 Here is the pamphlet i was talking about.













Challenges:
Inky Chicks- Happy Birthday Girl
Oldie but A Goodie- Make it Girly (I used an old paper doily (not a die cut)
Ribbon Carousel- Showers/Flowers

11 comments:

  1. Such a sweet, sweet card. Those Penny Black stamps are all so charming, and you've colored it up so nicely. I so like the colors and the different patterns. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you were compelled to buy it twice! That kit looks adorable :) I used to cross-stitch - I much prefer the instant gratification of paper ;)
    Love the fussy bow on your card - and that stamp is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMWord, what a darling image! Love her! Love your coloring, too! Great design with such pretty colors & papers! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card Bonnie, and I love that bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is so sweet! Love the image you used and the red ribbon is awesome! Very pretty papers you've combined to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is sooo cute!! Sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet Bonnie! Your image is adorable and I love the combination of papers. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darn sweet. I love all the patterns, it's like a cozy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling image. I just can't image the hard work that goes into your cutting each image. Love all the colorful paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops...forgot to say:
    Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!