Sunday, November 17, 2013

"Oh" "Oh" "Oh" "Oh" a Snowflake release!



Really, i mean "O"... you'll see what i mean below.  I have several new Snowflake "related" dies from Memory Box to share with you!  I am making several projects/cards for
Dutch Paper Crafts Store

I am hoping you've stopped by via the video featuring the dies shown below, but if not you need to check out Dutch Paper Crafts blog where you can see all of my projects video taped.  As always, there is a "bundle" price to purchase all of the dies in this Snowflake release, again those prices are at Dutch Paper Crafts.

So for this project i made a "wreath" using these dies from the Snowflake release; Memory Box  Sussex Snowflake #98648, (the inside/negative part of the Sussex Snowflake), Precious Snowflake #98729 (the small one-cut apart), Snowflake Cutwork #98647 (birdhouse "hole") :
I need to explain what i did.  First, i found the letter "O" at Hobby Lobby.  It is probably thin pressed board, but it works.  I traced the "O" onto green paper and adhered it to the top.  Then i cut out several Sussex Snowflakes and kept the inside of the cut out for the solid snowflakes.  Then i used Doo Hickey's Sprawling Fern die, but ANY pine/fir die would do for filler.

I then made my own birdhouse using a square.  And these extra dies, first the one from the release, Snowflake Cutwork for the opening.

 Once, i cut the die out.  I used the smallest Spellbinders circle to cut out the hole in the middle of the cutwork i just cut out.  I then cut the bottom of the square and the sides of the square to make it look like a birdhouse.  To make the left and right sides the same, i cut one side and then used that piece i cut off and flipped it over and placed it on the left side.



Next i lined the birdhouse in red to make the cutwork stand out more.  I didn't like the red opening so i punched out a smaller brown circle to fit in the hole, still leaving a bit of the read to highlight the opening.  I also ended up cutting off the red roof and added some smaller diecuts.  I used Nellie Snellen Fancy Die FD003 for my roof.  After you line the bird house in red, you could always line the back in brown too and extend it above the birdhouse and cut the roof as shown below in red.  Or you could add the pieces like i did to give it a roofing look.  I've also used Memory Box Flowering Winterberry # 98391 for the twig that the bird is sitting on.  The bird is from Marianne Creatables #LR0206.  I also used the Precious Snowflake on the birdhouse, i cut it apart and put the bow above and the snowflake below..such a great die for two uses!














DPC Memory Box Snowflake release:

98647
Snowflake Cutwork
















98729
Precious Snowflakes













98648
Sussex Snowflake

















Challenges:
Altered Eclectics- Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenge- Christmas time
Come and Get It- Christmas Gift



5 comments:

  1. Stunning creation... the colours & snowflakes are Beautiful...I adore the birdhouse...Thank you so much for joining us at Altered Eclectics...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Project Bonnie, I was just thinking if you could get a "N-O-L to spell NOEL and some how tie them together it would be so cool! Love all the snow flakes!!

    Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge, hope to you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creation Bonnie! Love the birdhouse and how you incorporated those dies! Very tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very cool design! Love the unusual wreath shape, the snowflakes & pine die cuts, and that birdhouse is just fabulous! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project; love the birdhouse! Thank you for playing along with us at Altered Eclectics Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!