Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thinking of you today

In the next couple of weeks, probably because of autumn/fall you will see a lot of "woodland" cards from me.  In fact, i've already posted some..this is another one for different DT.

This week at {Pin}spirational challenges we have a photo that was a challenge for me..i am not so much a woodsy gal...and as i like to see deer, i am not so much into the hunting aspect...and antlers remind me of hunting....and Bambi.

So the image i chose went more with a walk in the woods.  The sponsor this week is a new one for me called Squigglefly and this image called "An Early Snow" is from their site.
A couple techniques i'd like to share with you..First is i actually picked up some twigs in my yard and wrapped twine around them..i made sure they were dry and clean and not to brittle.

Another technique i did is i stamped the background birch trees using black ink and then scanned the iamge and brought it into iphoto and changed the whole look/color by using the "Sepia" selection.  Then i brought it into Word and and changed the size to fit my card by unchecking the proportion size.  Now i am sure for those of you that are good at using  photoshop or similar, you could probably have done it all in one spot...but me..i had to go the conventional way. :)

This is what my background looked like before i changed the proportions to fit my card:

Copics used:
skin- YR000. 00, R14, 20
hair- E53, 57, 59
dress- B91, 93, 95, CB
hair band, waist/vest- C3, 5
basket- E31, 34
apples- R14, 37
leaves-YG03



{Pin}spirational challenges inspirational photo for this week:












Our sponsor this week at {Pin}spirational challenges is Squigglefly








This is the sketch i used from I heart sketches (will be expired when i go live with this card):












Challenges:
Loves Rubberstamps challenges- All about Autumn
Sassy Cheryl- Think Fall (i do love Sassy Cheryl images)
Love to Create- Thinking of You
Post a Comment