Saturday, April 6, 2013

My mom at age 3 card/LO

This is the second card i've made using the card inspirations from my friend, Jenee's Pinterest Board called Pretty Stuff I'll Never Do.  Interested in seeing the inspirations i am using?  Here is the link.

I really tried to find a similar photo shown in the inspirational photo/card, but came to the conclusion that the picture of my mom would be more meaningful to me so i cropped a picture i had of her and used it instead.  I like it so well that i plan to frame it instead of using it as a card.
I was going to share a close-up but i don't think it is necessary.  The card base is 4 x 6".  The first layer is music sheet type paper, or you can use the paper at Graphic Fairy found here.  Oh and say you don't have an awesome photo like i do, my suggestion is to use this sweet fairy here and change your color scheme to blue. Ok, sizing..the first doily behind the picture measures 3.75 in diameter and then pink one on top of it measures 2.5", the small one with my mom's name/age is 1.5".  My mom's picture measures 2.25 x 2.75"

Challenges:
Cards Galore Challenges- Vintage
Cute and Girly- Vintage

6 comments:

  1. This is stunning Bonnie! Love the picture of your mom surrounded by those lovely butterflies and ribbon! Love the layers under the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word, Bonnie, I would frame this, too! Gorgeous design, papers & embellies! Love the photo of your mom, too--so cute & so sweet! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet pic of your mom!! This is gorgeous! A wonderful keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet - look at those cheeks. What a cherubic face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo: your flowers and embellies show it off perfectly. Thank you for joining in BTC&Gs Vintage challenge.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is STUNNING!!!! Love the picture of your mom and all your beautiful embellishments! Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!