Monday, May 18, 2020

Capture Life's Moments

I became a member of the Facebook Group called, Tim Holtz Addicts after i watched several of Tim Holtz Facebook Live Videos.
I noticed last night that there is a "fun" challenge promoting the new ink that will be released this week in the FB group.
The owner, Zoe, made a slide show of the old Distress ink and her challenge was to screenshot the slide show as it is moving and what ever ink showed up, she challenged the viewer to create with that ink. 
Well, it took me 4 tries because i don't have that much Distress ink, i have a several oxides but not just the basic.
So my selection was....   Scattered Straw

This is what i made using the ink.  But here is the fun part.. i need to point out what i used it on because i think most might miss what i did...
First, i stamped the inkpad, actually slid it on top of card stock.
I got this neat texture..but i need several "hues" of the same ink so some areas were dark, medium and light.
I used that for several things.  I die cut the giraffe  and cute out leaves from the yellow texture areas from that stamped ink.
Then i used my blending brush and made the smooth yellow and die cut out the giraffe bits.
I used brown paper, kraft paper and some gray for the rest of the giraffe.
Next, i used my blending brush and distressed the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Lace chipboard frame.
I found a Tim Holtz metal sentiment and used my big byte hole punch and attached the sentiment with some brads.
The last thing i did was print off some digital paper for the background, i used molding paste and Tim Holtz Stencil - Burlap THS007.  After it dried, i put the stamp pad directly on top of the paste and distressed it.  I distressed the rest of the paper with ink and an edging tool. 


Tim Holtz products used:
Sizzix - Gertrude - 664429
Sizzix - Cutout leaves - 664431
Idea-ology - Baseboard Frames , Lace
Idea-ology - Word Bands (metal sentiment)
Stampers Anonymous - Stencil, Burlap THS007
Distress Ink - Scattered Straw

We Are 3 Digital Paper - Framed Neutral - available here.

I would love for you to visit We Are 3 Digital Shop Facebook group and share your cards/projects created with We Are 3 Digital Shop paper/images and sentiments.  
Visit us by clicking here!

Click here for the We Are 3 Etsy Store link

Challenges:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!