Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Movie themed card- Pirates of the Caribbean

Another good Tiddly Inks challenge for me to think about and try to do one that hasn't been done yet.  This challenge is to pick a Summer or Scary Movie.   I chose the Pirates of the Caribbean #4...i've only seen the first movie, but i guess if there is a #4 i should check it out?  It is a bit scary to me. Hope that counts? Tiddly Inks had the awesome map and pirate to make this card.




What i did:
I printed of the map to fit on the front and back of the card on regular colored scrapbook paper because it was thinner than cardstock.  I then colored in the various images, cut out the map and distressed the edges.  Then i wadded it all up and distressed it again.  I cut out a card base to be a bit larger than the map and tore the edges and distressed that also.  I adhered map to the card base and poked two holes in the middle ran twine through and tied it off.  Then i colored in the pirate and cut him out. I found a ticket on line that allowed me to write in the sentiment.  Added a bit of glitter and was finished.

7 comments:

  1. This is fantastic - what a gorgeous pirate map! YES this totally counts as well. Love the distressing you did! Gorgeous! thanks for playing at Tiddly Inks this week!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the style of your card! Perfect treasure map for any pirate! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly inks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative :) Love the map :)Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you did such a fab job on this! Love how you colored and distressed the map and have it both front and back. What a super card! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crazy amount of fabulous distressing Bonnie!! This is OH so saucy!! GORGEOUS!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really cute bonnie, i love the real map look with all the distressing and squishing up and torn edges! thank you for sharing it with us over on tiddly inks hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!