Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vintage Carnival Birthday card

Bella & Bronte's blog (alias Mo's) is having a fun challenge this week where they want you to make a card that is vintage, distressed and with lace.  This fun image reminds me of summer and carnivals...and i can almost taste the cotton candy.  Wow, i'd love to have cotton candy that large!!



What i did:
I colored the image w/copics and matted and tore the edges added a bit of distressing to the whole card and to the lace and flowers as well.  I typically cut out my image, but this one had a lot of wispy lines on the cotton candy, that i didn't think would look good cut out...so i decided to paint the background w/sparkly paint. I added some baker's twine as well to the lace and buttons.

Copics used:
Skin- E00, 53. 02
Hair- E19, 29
Shirt- Y15, Y23
Jeans- B24,26
Eyes- BG10; Lips- R14
Cone- R20, R14
Cotton Candy- RV10, 13
Shoes- C3
Grass- YG03

2 comments:

  1. A very cheerful card! I like the baker's twine woven through the pretty lace. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grandma Bonnie...gramma Pat here!! Such a delightful little card...and perfectly vintage for this week's challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's. Hugs...Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!