Sunday, July 17, 2011

Black and White with one Contrasting color

This week at Bronte's & Bellas (alias Mo's) the challenge is to make a black and white card with one contrasting color.  This is an image that my daughter chose from Mo's store...and i thought, how can i use an image this week and this popped into my mind...so that being said the card is made "in honor" of my daughter who took on a difficult job in April and is feeling the "brunt" of this new job lately.  She needs lots of hugs right now.  Kerri this one is for you....



What i did:
I embossed the background paper.  Then i used my gypsy and made a cluster of "hugs" words...sounds simple, but it's a lot of work using different fonts and getting them to fit in a 2 x 4" space.   I colored the cute image and cut it out.  Had my cricut cut out a scalloped circle for behind the elephant and added a bit of black and white baker's twine.

Copics used:
Elephant- C3, 5, 02
Tusk, hair & nails- E81
Monkey- E02, R24

Challenges i've entered this card in:
I Did It Creations- Animals
Post a Comment