Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Clear Embossing Technique..it's not a new thing.

Okay, so my thought process again... 
TGF has a sketch on SplitCoast Stampers exclusively and weekly and Flutter by Wednesday has an inspiration photo of pink flowers.   I've decided to combine the two challenges....and i wanted to use my new Memory Box die...which worked out perfectly because i have the floral challenge met by using the floral frame and paper.  I added butterflies to the frame to meet the Flutter by Wednesday challenge requirements.

So this is what i made:


















This is the sketch i used from TGF Splitcoast:












How i did it:
First, i made my card background following the sketch.  Then i diecut the floral frame and lace. 
I colored the flowers in the floral frame w/my copics.
Then i used a clear embossing pad and clear embossing powder and i embossed the frame and the lace.
I attached them to the card....and actually the card doesn't look too bad without an image. :)
Then i wanted a sitting TGF image and didn't see one like i wanted so i "mutated" two images.  I used Cheeky Mate's body and Anya's head from the Sunshine kit.

Challenges:
Flutter by Wednesday- Pink floral photo inspiration/butterflies

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love your embossing and the fact that you so seemlessly decapitated one and beheaded the other! LOL It looks great and the little butterflies are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - what a pretty card! Thanks for sharing the steps to its completion, too. And thanks for joining the Flutter By Wednesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! Thx for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, you continue to amaze me...this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bonnie, I love your morph of these two stamps. I hope that it is ok for me to borrow your idea on this mash up. I love your card and your frame is just fantastic. I have my Cricut and I have to confess that I haven't even pulled it out in the last two years. Mind you I used to teach classes on it at the LSS when we still had one. lol.. Oh well, I got into stamping and blogging and I haven't made a scrapbook page in a very long time. I will though one of these days. I have a ton of pictures that I need to do. I hope that you are having a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!