Monday, February 20, 2012

I call this my "Sugar-y" Vintage style card.

When i was younger, i can remember getting these beautiful cards w/glitter...probably in the 60's.  There is an updated version now...and you use double sided sheets and this very fine glitter, just like sugar and maybe a bit finer than sugar.  I also used the masking technique on this card as well. 

My good friend, Aga, taught me how to make this "sugar-y" card.  As you can see i also used some of my dies for the masking...it's a fun card to make.  I also used the doily frame as well. 

The image is from Tiddly Inks and is adorable.  She is holding a little blue bird.

Here is my card:


















The sketch i used is from Sugar Creek Hollow:












Challenges:
Tiddly Inks- Sparkle It Up
Flutter By Wednesday- Anything with wings (blue bird)
Sugar Creek Hollow- Sketch w/cute image and Vintage/Shabby or Primitive Style

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love Wryn and you have done a great job with her :) Love the glittery paper...looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh now this is just toooooo precious! love that glittery paper (where do I find it and its glitter) and you are so right....we are dating ourselves remembering when cards were done like this LOL...but we ARE vintage (-:
    hugs
    thanks so much for sharing this with us and playing at Sugar Creek Hollow - hope to see you again,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Bonnie, beautiful glitter card, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiyah Bonnie!
    This card is so precious hun, its beautiful.
    thank you for popping in on the Tiddly Inkers this week
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this "sugar-y" card, hoping you will share this technique as this background is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grandma Bonnie :) I know I have already commented on your stunning card...but I have a little suprise for you over at my blog :) http://kitandclowder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very tasty card! I love how you did the masking! Plus this little girl is adorable to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you put the borders together, great original idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Such great bling! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card! Love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a yummy card!! SO much sparkle! <3

    Thanks for joining us over at Tiddly Inks for our 'Sparkle' challenge. Good luck.

    xo, Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty sweetie, thank you so much for joining in with our sparkle challenge at Tiddly Inks, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!