Monday, February 20, 2012

I call this my "Sugar-y" Vintage style card.

When i was younger, i can remember getting these beautiful cards w/glitter...probably in the 60's.  There is an updated version now...and you use double sided sheets and this very fine glitter, just like sugar and maybe a bit finer than sugar.  I also used the masking technique on this card as well. 

My good friend, Aga, taught me how to make this "sugar-y" card.  As you can see i also used some of my dies for the masking...it's a fun card to make.  I also used the doily frame as well. 

The image is from Tiddly Inks and is adorable.  She is holding a little blue bird.

Here is my card:


















The sketch i used is from Sugar Creek Hollow:












Challenges:
Tiddly Inks- Sparkle It Up
Flutter By Wednesday- Anything with wings (blue bird)
Sugar Creek Hollow- Sketch w/cute image and Vintage/Shabby or Primitive Style

Post a Comment