Tuesday, February 21, 2012

You're A Hoot!!

Once again it is Friday Spyday at TGF Farm Fresh Challenge Blog.  Every week we get a new card to "case"/copy.  

This week's card to case/copy is below:












This is my take on the card:


















This is what i did:
I followed the "sketch" card chosen.  Then i decided to use my new Memory box flower wreath die.  I cut it out twice...once out of craft paper and once out of yellow burlap patterned paper...well like all plans, my yellow paper moved and i got flowers that were not the same...and i thought no worries...it looks fine...and i actually like the brown underneath showing.  Next, i ran my flowers through my Xyron and attached them to the wreath...(i did that for a reason i didn't want any embossing powder to get caught under the flower).  The next thing i did was to emboss the whole wreath with clear embossing powder...i really like this because now it looks "wet" and glossy.  I did the same thing to the mat of the sentiment.  The owl is from TGF Forrest friends stamp set. I added glossy accents to the owl's eyes and Extreme glitter paint to the eyelids.

Challenges:
TGF Farm Fresh Blog- Friday/Spyday- Cased card

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely a hoot! I love how you roosted this great fellow on the wreath!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!