Friday, January 24, 2020

Mini album - Altered Book

Working on a big project - Next blog posts will be the pages.
I picked up a hardback book at a charity shop.
I was looking for a book where the binding was attached to the cover.
Once i got it home, i cut out the pages, ending up with just the cover.
Based on the book cover i proceeded to make a new cover.
Once the cover was covered in a black background i worked on 
decorating some We Are 3 Digital Paper - Tones of Gray.
The first thing i did was ink the edges using Catherine pooler ink called, Aquatini.
Then i used a Studio Light Mask /Stencil and some Nuvo Glacier Paste - Sea Sprite.
This was the base for my cover. 

Now for the fun part..
Once the base for the cover was done, i decided to use a Prima Resin Frame 
and paint it in Black Gesso.  Then i highlighted it with some of the Glacier Paste - Sea Sprite. (beautiful shimmer)
To pick up the color more i used Art Alchemy Wax - Opal Magic Turquoise. 
To highlight the frame in gold i used - Art Alchemy - Firebird (gold)
I used two pieces of wood (house, door, windows and a tree) from Studio Light - Plywood Kit
I painted those pieces with black gesso and high lighted the house and tree with the same waxes and Glacier paint. I left the window and door black.
I added a brad to the door for a handle and a brad to the circle window on top.
I needed a bit of corrugated cardboard behind the house to make it level with the frame.
Next i used some flowers from 7 Kids and painted them with black gesso and waxed them with the gold wax. I did the same for the "Dream" wood cut out.  I did break the letters between the "e" and "a" so i could curve around the frame. 
I used a Mitform Star and painted it with black gesso and used the Turquoise wax to highlight it.
I pulled out a Tim Holtz metal sentiment, brad and arrow.  I had some flower stamens in my stash and placed those around the flowers and house. 
Everything was glued down with Aleene's Tacky glue.
 
 
 Here is the finished cover

 
 
We Are 3 Digital Paper - Tones of Gray - available here.

I would love for you to visit We Are 3 Digital Shop Facebook group and share your cards/projects created with We Are 3 Digital Shop paper/images and sentiments.  
Visit us by clicking here!

Click here for the We Are 3 Etsy Store link

Challenges:


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely project, Bonnie, and beautiful stencil work! You always incorporate lots of amazing textures and layers to your masterpieces. I enjoy each one, but this one is especially wonderful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Bonnie. Don't forget to add it to the More Mixed Media challegne
    http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!