Thursday, December 10, 2020

To my Mom and Dad.. Merry Christmas

Sometimes a stamp or an image just makes me smile and i purchase it.
What is more amazing is that i actually use it.  
This Stamping Bella stamp reminds me of my parents.
My dad turned 90 in October and my mom is 89.
They still live at home. In one regard, i thankful that they are home because of the nursing homes and Covid on the other hand my dad has macular degeneration and still drives.  He isn't as careful with the distancing and masking.  He wears a mask, but at first because he is thrifty, he wears the same paper mask over and over again... until we gave him a cloth mask..which i doubt he washes. 
My mom has dementia.  My dad takes care of her. She can no longer cook, or do most household tasks..my dad does the cooking and all i can recall him ever making when i was growing up was he would make donuts or fudge.  Now, he cooks and my mom got dentures and can't eat most food. So he usually makes hard boiled eggs and soup.  My mom says how lucky she is to have my dad take care of her.  She can't even do her favorite thing, which was reading, 
because she can't remember what she read. 
What is amazing is she can still crochet afghans. I was told by my dad this week that she has made 47 so far this year!  I have been supplying her with yarn via the internet/mailing.  
 
So when i saw this stamp, i had to make it. 
Now you can understand why.


I am using a Stamping Bella stamp called, Knitting Penguin
It's adorable!


Dies used:
Sizzix - Embroidery 664396
I did embroider the word, Merry Christmas. :)



I would love for you to visit We Are 3 Digital Shop Facebook group and share your cards/projects created with We Are 3 Digital Shop paper/images and sentiments.  
Visit us by clicking here!

Click here for the We Are 3 Etsy Store link

Challenges:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!