Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just saying, Hi- card

This was a hard challenge, at Tiddly Inks challenge blog we were to make a card, but only use one layer.  The biggest problem i have is that when i color with my copics it bleeds through, so i really need to mat or cut out what i color.  Seeing as i normally cut out my image, i thought i'd try this challenge without cutting out my image to make it a challenge for me.



What i did:
I enlarged the image and because i use Word (i need to start using my Photoshop) i had to "wrap" my png image like it was "in front of the text" otherwise it wouldn't let me drag it off the page.  (The other option would have been to cut my paper at the point i wanted the image it be cut...) I selected the "2 columns" and then I  dragged my image to the bottom of the page and enlarged the image to fit in the right hand column (my intention for putting the image all the way to the right was to try to use just one layer for the challenge...but it didn't work because of the bleeding through from the coloring.)  I also set it up this way so i could see how my card would work.  Next i searched the internet for the perfect poem to go with the image and this is what i found written by Louise Hernan.

Copics i used:
Skin- E50, 51, 02
Hair- Y15,32, E34
Glasses- B04 lens- E00, 50
Dress- G20, 21 flower- R85, 81
Flower- RV66, R81, G21
Glossy Accents for glass lens

7 comments:

  1. Great card. I love how you have printed the image. Thanks for joining us at TI.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg super cute and i love the verse too, its so sweet. thank you for joining the tiddly inkers this week hugs lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love how you manipulated the image! thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just amazingly cool Bonnie!! What a fantastic creation!!! Love that Minnie!!

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks!!

    Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Super work! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks challenge this week! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply adorable!! I love how you blew her up for this card and put your sentiment above - gorgeous design and I love the colors!!!
    Thanks for joining us again this week at Tiddly Inks!!!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this!!! Great use of the image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!