Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tooth Fairy Box

I am on the "Digi My World" design team and one of the images i think is super cute is this Tooth Fairy

I came across an idea on line using a gift card tin for a "tooth fairy box", i couldn't find one that i like so for the same price, i used the paper mache  box that i found at Hobby Lobby.





What i did:
I cut out squares and corner rounded them for the top, inside top and inside bottom.  Then i border punched both sides of strip of paper and added some baker's twine to the top by taping the ends under the bordered strip.  I attached that to the top of the box.  I colored with copics the Tooth Fairy and cut her out and then used foam tape to have her stand out on top of the box.  I then typed up the words for the top and inside poem.  I cut out the "dear Tooth Fairy" and adhered it to the bottom corner of the top of the box, just under the tooth fairy.  Inside the cover i used the scalloped nestibilies to cut out the poem, i then had cut the mat..(didn't have the right size oval to diecut).  Once the poem is matted i foam taped it to the inside.  Next i hole punched the words "My lost tooth" and diecut a star, found a button and strung some of the baker's twine through it.  I adhered all of those items to the bottom of the box. 

Copics used:
Skin- E50,51, 02
Hair- RV10, 63
Dress- BG10, 01, 05
Crown, Wings ruffle on dress- N0, gelly roll pen
Star- Y08

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!