Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Partridge in a pear (tree)

Another project for Dutch Paper Crafts..and in as much as it IS my version of a Partridge in a Pear tree, it isn't a partridge and it's not a tree. LOL

What it IS, is two featured dies called Memory Box Classic Pear #98392 and Embellished Pear #98393 and i chose to make an ornament with this set.  I've seen tons of things that can be made, but chose this for now...

Memory Box Dies, Embellished Pear
Memory Box Dies, Classic Pear Just a note..the pear stem and leaf are fairly small, i would put them in a secure spot so you won't loose them.
For my project i didn't use the stem, i actually went out in my yard and found a twig and i think it actually looks like a pear stem.  The leaf is cut from felt, the felt was thick so it took several times to run through my Cuttlebug.  I was impressed that it actually embossed into the felt as well...don't know if it will be lasting.


Other items used in this project is a digital image from Doodle Garden on Etsy called Winter Bird 1, i actually flipped it horizontally to fit on my die.
I also found the pear writing/shape (a bit different shape than the die, but close enough..and it's a freebie found at Scraps of Color Espire "The perfect pear".   When i printed my pear freebie, i changed the color to sepia instead of using standard black ink.

Copics used:
bird- R14, 20, E41, 43
wing- YG01, 03, 93. 95
scarf- G21, R14
pine- YG25
feathers- YR21
beak-YR12
snowflake- C1, stickles/diamond
branch- E25


Some photos of constructing this project:
I cut the pear out of a thin corrugated cardboard and ran the gold and lettered paper through my large Xyron..I used a gold leaf pen to color the edges of the cardboard pear..don't know if it was really necessary.  then i adhered the pear die cuts to the cardboard base..i cut the embellished pear die out of a off white glitter paper and a brown glitter paper and used my glue pen to adhere them.  I hot glued the stem and leaf to the gold side and added a bow to cover it.  i also had some pearl buds and glued them behind the bow as well.  I strung up some jingle bells and also glued the string behind the bow.  I colored and cut out the Winter Bird digital image.
















3 comments:

  1. Now you just feel free to add one of these to my Christmas package, ok? This is lovely, and I do believe it is one of my favorites from this release. It is gorgeous in its simplicity, and the two sides are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, that was a lot of work, but sooo worth it! Love this ornament, is is beautiful, Bonnie! Love the die cuts you used and that bird is darling! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very cool dies! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!