Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Punching a fun image for a Christmas card

Do you remember what it was like to make cute images before the die cutting machines existed?  I do...  Guess what, they can be just as cute making images from punched art.  This week at Tuesday Morning Stetches the twist is to use the sketch AND make a paper punched animal.

In fact...what is a bit funny is that Stampin Up has actually made a punch so you can do punched art. 

The card i created is NOT that SU punch, but the idea is taken from the SU punch using 2 ovals, 1 heart, 3 circles, a banner punch and a snowflake punch for the wreath.

The sketch this week from Tuesday Morning Sketches: (i made it vertical)  In fact most of my cards posted this week is using this sketch.
 



Some supplies used:
Memory Box Whimsical Flourish #98373 can be purchased at Dutch Paper Crafts.
 

 

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute Bonnie! I love how you have him peeking through the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Bonnie!! Your little guy is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever wreath idea!! I have a couple of snowflake punches & now this has me thinking :) That owl is too darn cute - and I love the poinsettia. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Bonnie! Your owl is adorable and I love the poinsettia and snowflake wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card, Bonnie! The owl is so cute peeking out...and I love his hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling bird, Bonnie! Love the little hat! The window is too cute, love the color scheme & papers and the fun embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute little owl peeking out! very cute layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my your little owl is adorable, this is such a cute Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is super cute! I love that the owl is peeking out of a hole, and you did a fantastic job with all those punches! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie I love this card. I love how you have the owl coming out of the wreath. Your punch art is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!