Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Starry Starry Night

This is the first thing i crafted once i got my dies from Dutch Paper Crafts.  I just knew i wanted to create this star using white pine trees.  I was so inspired by a book called Delight in the Seasons by Lisa Pace.  I put my twist on this idea and came up with my own double star ornament.

This is what i made with the featured release die from Memory Box called, The Leaping Deer ##98390.

Memory Box Dies, Leaping Deer 

Some other supplies i used not in the release is:
Spellbinders Classic Circles, Metal silver beads, wired silver garland from Hobby Lobby (large star) Tim Holtz "non-wired" garland (small star), Kaiser heart gem.  Wire from the floral dept. Chipboard sentiment was a freebie from a UK magazine.  Gold paper was from Hobby Lobby.


Some sample pictures putting this together...just let me say, fake snow makes a mess! LOL
Okay, so here are the basic supplies.  I unscrewed/pulled the wooden bases off of the white trees, that allowed me to have "some" wire to twist the trees together. I  strung the wire from the small star into the center of the large star.  Of course, i can't waste the wood pieces so after i used the floral wire, i attached the wooden bases to the center of the stars..it also made it easier to attach the paper circles..as it would not adhere well to the trees.  I used hot glue to adhere the wooden circles to the centers of the stars. I also put the wooden circles on the front and back of the stars. Also i used the small wooden circles for the small trees and the large wooden circles for the larger star.  I hot glued the metal beads to the ends of the large star, i did not add any to the small stars.  After die cutting the circles i used hot glue to add the tinsel garland.   Then i finished it off with the diecut deer, i also added a shadow to the deer by cutting another piece to put behind the gold deer.



Post a Comment