Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Starry Starry Night

This is the first thing i crafted once i got my dies from Dutch Paper Crafts.  I just knew i wanted to create this star using white pine trees.  I was so inspired by a book called Delight in the Seasons by Lisa Pace.  I put my twist on this idea and came up with my own double star ornament.

This is what i made with the featured release die from Memory Box called, The Leaping Deer ##98390.

Memory Box Dies, Leaping Deer 

Some other supplies i used not in the release is:
Spellbinders Classic Circles, Metal silver beads, wired silver garland from Hobby Lobby (large star) Tim Holtz "non-wired" garland (small star), Kaiser heart gem.  Wire from the floral dept. Chipboard sentiment was a freebie from a UK magazine.  Gold paper was from Hobby Lobby.


Some sample pictures putting this together...just let me say, fake snow makes a mess! LOL
Okay, so here are the basic supplies.  I unscrewed/pulled the wooden bases off of the white trees, that allowed me to have "some" wire to twist the trees together. I  strung the wire from the small star into the center of the large star.  Of course, i can't waste the wood pieces so after i used the floral wire, i attached the wooden bases to the center of the stars..it also made it easier to attach the paper circles..as it would not adhere well to the trees.  I used hot glue to adhere the wooden circles to the centers of the stars. I also put the wooden circles on the front and back of the stars. Also i used the small wooden circles for the small trees and the large wooden circles for the larger star.  I hot glued the metal beads to the ends of the large star, i did not add any to the small stars.  After die cutting the circles i used hot glue to add the tinsel garland.   Then i finished it off with the diecut deer, i also added a shadow to the deer by cutting another piece to put behind the gold deer.



3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful ornament. This reminds me a wee bit of Tim Holtz's style with the Bonnie touch. Very clever to use the small trees to create your own textured star. You always leave me in total awe, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you are so creative--it just amazes me! :^) Love this ornament, too--so pretty! Love all the elements and that great deer die cut! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!