Monday, February 10, 2020

A Heart for you for Valentine's Day!

I am so delighted to share Sherry West's images on my blog!
You can find her Etsy Shop here!

I have made a Mixed Media wall hanging.. it's not a card. :)

This adorable Sherry West image is called, A Heart for You
How i made this Mixed Media wall hanging. 
I recycled a wooden "wood" wall hanging by using Mod Podge as glue
and adhering the digital paper to the top.
I pulled out some Lindy Magical Powder i shook a tiny amount of the powder at the top of the
project and slightly sprayed the powder to get the fun color.
Digital Paper also reacts to water so i was careful not to spray too much, but it does change the look of the paper too.
I pulled out Studio Light Essentials Mask and some molding paste and added the beautiful design to the left side.
Next i did some stamping using Tim Holtz stamps.
As i was waiting for the paper and stencil to dry,
I printed off Sherry West Art image and colored her with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils.
I cut her out and set her aside.
Now that the top was dry, I used Ranger Oxide, Faded Jeans and Black Soot to distress the edges.
I also used Art Alchemy Firebird Wax to high light the edges and the top of the stencil.

Now i used another layer of Mod Podge to seal the top.
Once that was dry i put some Mod Podge on the back of the image and adhered her to the front.
When the image was dry i added another layer of Mod Podge to the top of the image to seal it.
Now to go digging in my stash to add some fun mixed media items. 
I pulled out several things and used black gesso to cover everything but the gems and the key.  I also die cut the chandelier 2 times from a cereal box and glued those together to make it thicker and covered it with black gesso too.
I pulled out another wax from Art Alchemy called Old Denim and high lighted those pieces.
I used tacky glue to adhere all of those fun elements!

Dies Used:
Memory Box - Graceful Chandelier


Sherry West Art image called A Heart for You available here

Come and visit Sherry West Art Facebook Group here

We Are 3 Digital Paper- Pinkalicious - available here

I would love for you to visit We Are 3 Digital Shop Facebook group and share your cards/projects created with We Are 3 Digital Shop paper/images and sentiments.  
Visit us by clicking here!

Click here for the We Are 3 Etsy Store link

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!