Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Holly

I probably won't give this card to my daughter, Holly, but it is in "honor" of her.  She will be 37 on December 20th..and i always reminisce about her birthday because she was my first born and because she was supposed to be born on the 9th...she made me have patience.

I knew if i were to have a girl (they did not do ultrasounds in 1975 unless there were complications..but i am not sure if that's even true for that year...as i had two other children i could get the year confused), so i knew i would name her Holly Noelle...

This card was made for the Tuesday Morning Sketches DT challenge blog and the sponsor is Bugaboo, the image is called,  Ava- Christmas Mistletoe Fairy:

 I also used Memory Box flourish corner die and Martha Stewart's holly punch with a Petaloo Poinsettia.

Here is this week's sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches:

Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, R14, 20
hair- E34, 37
holly- YG03, 17, 67
socks/berries- R35, 37, 39
dress- C1, 3, CB, Extreme Glitter Paint





The sponsor this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches is:

7 comments:

  1. I taught my mom patience too....arriving Nov 13 but due Oct 27 ;) We first borns are fabulous at grand entrances!
    And I was born in 76, and your ultrasound info sounds just like what my mom remembers! I love the name Holly Noelle :)
    Super sweet image, but I am especially excited about the glittery holly & poinsettia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love that sweet image and the die cut and sparkly poinsettia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH, I love the corner die cuts, and that floral corner treatment is beautiful! Your daughter's name is so pretty, and you're right, this card is perfect to honor her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Bonnie! The colors and patterns are perfect with the image, and I love those pretty corner embellishments! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable...love your embellishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darling, Bonnie! Love this sweet image! Great coloring, wonderful take on the sketch, and fabulous design--wonderful embellies, too! Love it! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    P.S. My granddaughter was born on the 20th--she isn't happy about it, because it is too close to Christmas, lol! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely stunning Bonnie. I just love all the embellishments, they compliment the beautiful angel perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!