Sunday, December 2, 2012

Santa's Countdown Calendar

I was so excited to use this Santa's Letter set from Digital Delights..i had sooo many ideas for just this one digital set.. Check it out...
(also this image is available in black and white or colored) 
 
First i made a Santa's Countdown calendar..using chipboard coasters and this adorable Santa!
 I made it like a little book with a pocket inside (from the $1 section at Michaels):
I wrote on the front of the digital image using Frosty font..i also made my own countdown numbers..but i understand that Wendy from Digital Delights is making a set...woo hoo, so much easier!  (She did make a set of Christmas Countdown numbers and you can find them here! (and they are available in black and white or colored clip art)

This is how i made my circle numbers..once you print them i punched them out..(make sure you make them to fit your punch and size of your image overall)..then i punched out cereal box cardboard to back the numbers..making sure to put the printed side of the cereal box to the wrong side of the number..i actually ran them all through my Xyron and cut some baker's twin to make the loops and put the two pieces together..i ran only the numbers through the Xyron.

I also used Tim Holtz chain to hold the numbers together, i put them on in reverse so that i can take the front one off and put the one i just used in the back.

I colored and paper pieced this Santa.
Copics used for the face:
YR000, 00, R14, 20
belt/shoes- W3, 5, 7

*** See my other posts using Santa's Letters.

6 comments:

  1. So cute and a fabulous keepsake.
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie this is such a fun and adorable idea. I love it and I hope you won't mind if I give it a go. Too cute and I love the way it is all stored in it's very own little book. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project!!! Super cute!!!!
    Hugs Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if this isn't too cute for school, though! You are a magnificent creative force, Bonnie! I love your design of this, your clever number creation, and that darling Santa! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!