Sunday, December 9, 2012

Merry Christmas wall hanging

You know what it's like when you see something and you don't know why you like it?  That's what happened to me at Michael's and the $1 section recently.  I made this project for Dutch Paper Crafts using a Memory Box Die from a new release at Dutch Paper Crafts store.

The dies used are, Memory Box Drop Ornament #98378, Larue Ornament #98377.

Well, back to the story..so i found the "Merry" wooden words and the plastic frames at Michaels for $1 each..are you adding up this project so far??  And then again at Michaels, i found the black ribbon..so now about $3 worth of supplies, plus the ornaments (which you can use over and over again for numerous projects!)  I've featured Darlene's cute dog, Buddy, in this frame, but you could add anything..in fact, i am making another wall hanging with 4 frames with my grandkids for a gift for my daughter.

Here is my finished project using the Memory Box ornament dies:
The instructions aren't too hard, what i did:
The frames had an easel back and took the easel off.  I hot glued the ribbon on top and made a "barrette-type" bow and hot glued that on.  Next i used the thicker part of the lettering and centered the ornament and frame before adding the ribbon to the back of the "merry" and frame.  I hot glued two pieces of ribbon to the back of "merry" and the frame and hot glued the ornament to the bottom of "R" and the side of "Y".  The tinsel is from a spool of wired tinsel at Hobby Lobby.  The sentiment is from Digital Delights (using the bottom half of a sentiment with Merry Christmas..) or you could type up your own sentiment.  I then curled the ribbon to give dimension and put two large glue dots behind it.
A close up of the die (i used a foil embossed paper for the Larue die..i will be doing this again!):


3 comments:

  1. Very Creative Bonnie!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie,
    WOWZERS!!!!What a great release is this, i really like all of your creations, the Dies are wonderful!

    Hugs, Petra. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!