Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sherri Baldy's My Besties PPP Challenge- Anything Goes/Flowers plus Bow card Tutorial

For the next two weeks at My Besties PPP Challenge blog we have another great challenge for you!

** Note our new name**  PPP = Pretty Pre-colored Printables

The challenge theme is- Anything Goes w/opt of Flowers

To participate in our My Besties PPP challenges go here

For this project i am using a My Besties digital image i colored called Besties Bee found here and a Printable Tag #13 found here.

I have also used two of Sherri Baldy's dies.  The Love die found here and the outlined hearts found here.

The white flourish heart die is a border i cut in sections from Memory Box.

Bow tutorial:
Step #1.  Enlarge tag to 3" high. Flip one tag. Print out tags and cut out tags. Mat on brown paper and 1" extended. Trim corners and make tails. Cut out bow sections. Here is the link to the pattern for the bow sections.
Step #2. Place the two tags on vertical card base (i matted mine and used a spiral punch at the top). Adhere...this will take the weight of the bow so secure well.

Step #3 Glue bow sections together
Step #4. Attach bow sections securely as shown
Step #5. Make smaller bow sections and add to the center. Cut out a matted oval and place over center. Add your image and embellish your card. It will stand up because of the vertical card base. Looks pretty on a mantel..or large area. This card is 11.5" wide.

Finished card close up:


You should also check out my PPP  team mates awesome designs..the links are below:

Julie Team Leader
Andrea N.
Andrea
Annette
Deirdre
Luana
Tonnie
Bonnie (me)

Challenges:
Lunagirl Moonbeams challenge- Honeybee
4 Crafty Chicks- Anything Goes
DL Art- Thursday challenge- Valentines


4 comments:

  1. Evening Bonnie this is absolutely stunning I love the colours and the design and all the embellishments are Beautiful.

    Debs xxx

    http://www.debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project ~ thanks for sharing in my Honeybee challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing the tutorial. :) I love the additional images you added on the sides very clever and super duper cute. I think these would be awesome cards to set on the top of gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...this is super cute :) I am so happy you played with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!