Thursday, December 8, 2022

New technique background - Linen Texture using Fairy Hugs - Becka's Sunflowers

Hello everyone and Happy Thursday!! 

I am a DT for Fairy Stamper Hugs!
It is the #1 USA Retailer for Fairy Hugs Stamps
Check out the store here!!
 

I was inspired to make this card because of my friend, Julia Watts. She created this linen background on her YouTube channel and i wanted to make a card using her inspirational tutoral.
Here is her YouTube tutorial:

I used the instructions from this video to make my card.  First i started with some Photo paper i had.  I needed something glossy and i had that in my stash.  I had issues with the stamp "sticking" to the paper if it wasn't inked up first. I couldn't position the un-inked stamp on the glossy paper without it sticking on the paper and moving the paper.  So i learned to ink it and then hand place the stamp on the glossy paper.  I still used the platform because once i placed the stamp on the glossy paper i could lift it up with the lid and i could stamp again if i needed to.  As mentioned in the video a perfect stamped image isn't necessary because you will be sanding it.  I used Becka's Sunflower (large bloom) for the background. I used VersaFine Clair Ink - Glamourous.  Once the ink dried, I followed the instructions and started sanding the whole paper going vertically across the paper and then horizontally.  Next, i added Distress Ink (not oxide) Tumbled Glass, and i used Mermaid Lagoon. I followed the process in the video.  I then distressed the edges.  Next, i did some stamping.  I used the entire set of Becka's Sunflower.  First i stamped the flowers with VersaFine Clair - Morning Mist and heat embossed with a white embossing powder. Next, i stamped Becka and embossed her with black embossing powder. Last, i used Fairy Hugs Stencil - Fairy Snowflakes and texture paste adding Fairy Hugs - Confetti Pixie Dust (glitter).  I adhered this to a card base. 

Fairy Stamper Store Supplies:



Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: Fairy Stamper Hugs
Join our NEW Fairy Stamper Hugs Facebook Group here

 Don't forget to include #fairystamperhugs on your projects and tag us at @FairyStamperHugs so we can be sure to see and comment on your projects!

Sign up to receive Fairy Stamper Newsletters at the Fairy Stamper store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!