Thursday, March 5, 2020

Watercolor - Delicate clusters - Same stamp two ways

Really excited about this fun new project i am working on..
I have been watching water coloring YouTube videos.
I came across a lady just randomly putting watercolors on watercolor paper
and coming out with these beautiful backgrounds and cutting them into bookmarks.
She pulled out her fine black marker and doodled in the background.
I loved the fun.
So i decided to try the technique in a different way. 
I sprayed my watercolor paper with water and then stamped with Ranger Oxide inks.
I got some lovely ink bleeding. 
I couldn't repeat the process to get the exact look again, even if i tried..they are all one of a kind.


Here is the first one i did and then i chose to make the stamps like a silhouette stamp too.
The black flowers are stamped with VersaFine Clair - Nocturne, Morning Mist and Twilight.
I added doodles to the background flowers.
I am using Altenew - Delicate clusters available at 7 Kids Crafts here.

Take two without the black silhouette look.  I also added both blooms to this one.

7 Kids Craft Shop
Products used:
Altenew - Delicate Clusters available here

Versafine Clair Inks available here

Follow 7 Kids Crafts on
Facebook
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Bonnie! I had to do a double take and ponder, "Did she use oils or acrylics on this? Is it canvas? Did she really stamp it?" So I read and re-read your accounting and fell in love ever MORE with these pretties! I especially like the doodling in the first one, and the black silhouettes - such drama. Wouldn't it be beautiful hanging on a wall? You are so talented, Bonnie. I sincerely say that because I am in awe with all your creations! Thanks for sharing how you made these masterpieces! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you achieve the beautiful background? Giving the flowers almost a glow.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!