Friday, April 6, 2012

Snow Date Cardmaking #4

This is the last one for today...Whew...lots of fun and work. :)  And of course i need to get my images colored to add to my cards.  So again this card was inspired by the Magnolia Ink's Easter issue page 41.

Here are my supplies that i used...and i must say that rounding these up took a bit longer:
5 x 5 card base
4.75 x 4.75 base mat- Robin's Egg blue
Blue pattern paper to fit on top of base mat cut down to show mat.
Corrugated Cardboard- (most any box would do...just pull off the top layer to get the ridges showing)
Border strips (2) 5" long
Doily 3.50", i used MS Elegant Cake cartridge
Ribbon(2)  6" strips (one organza)
Paper "ribbon" 6"
Happy Easter sentiment
Same paper that you used for your border strips for the sentiment mat
Flowers, Distress Ink
Image





You will first need to mat your blue pattern paper onto you blue mat and attach it to your card base.

 Add the two 5" borders to the top and bottom of your cardboard.  I try to cut my cardboard so that the ridges run vertical.


Attach the cardboard to your card base using heavy duty tape.
 Now you will want to distress your sentiment and the paper lace.  Mat your sentiment with the same paper you used for your border punches.  Tear it across the top and distress it.  Add the two ribbons to the paper lace- taping the ribbon to the back of the paper lace.  Adhere the ribbon/lace to the cardboard with heavy duty tape.
Place the doily in the center using heavy duty tape.

Add your flowers and buds to the card


My finished card w/a Magnolia image
Challenges:
Just Magnolia week 151- Anything goes

2 comments:

  1. I just love the unique cardboard background! Beautiful colouring on Tilda, and those little purple beads really highlight her lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! I love all the details that you have added to it, especially all the beautiful flowers!! Thank you so much for joining the Just Magnolia and hAnglar and stAnglar Challenge! I hope you join us again soon!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!