Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thinking of you today

I don't know, but i feel like in the end this card reminds me of the 80's...i didn't grow up in the 80's...but it just feels like it and it wasn't my intention...it's funny how i begin working on a card and it transforms into something different.

I based this card on the sketch i used...the hint for the sketch was to use my scraps...and i thought, "Good idea" and that's how this card began with the largest scrap for the background and then other colors to make the strips.  I learned from another card maker that the layers look better matted and black seems to make the paper pop.  If you take a close look you can see there are a LOT of layers..so the card feels heavy. :)

Here is my card:

 The image i used is from Saturated Canary and it is called Canary Love..it had a bird w/a heart and lines through the image that i "erased".












The sketch i used is from Mojo Monday:

                                           The sketch even without
                                            an image is pretty i think.










Challenges:
Saturated Canary- Thinking of you theme
Mojo Monday- Sketch #236

4 comments:

  1. Fab card, I agree, if unsure I always matte and layer onto black it seems to make it stand out a little more x Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiyah Bonnie!
    hun this is just one awesome card. I love all your layers and your image looks fabulous
    thankyou for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute card! Thank you for playing with us at Saturated Canary Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card, it reminds me of my daughter! She tries to wear all the pretty things she has "all at once". This fun dress looks like something she'd just love!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!